Enforcement of Alimony

If you have been awarded alimony as the result of a divorce and your former spouse willfully fails to pay, you may ask the court for help.  You may recover past alimony due and require that all future alimony be paid by an income withholding order where your alimony award is automatically deducted from your former spouse’s pay check.

If you owe alimony to a former spouse and have failed to pay your obligation the court can find that you are in contempt of court and punish you accordingly.  If your failure to pay is not willful you may want to consider a Modification of Alimony.

Defending an Alimony Claim

Talk with us about questions concerning the Enforcement of Alimony and all areas of marital and family law. At the Law Office of James T. Keenan, we understand your individual situation and needs. We are experienced and promise to handle your family law case professionally and aggressively. We get results.

Call 904-359-9060 to request a consultation.

April 12, 2017
nesting arrangement in family law context

Nesting Arrangement in Family Law

Defining a Nesting Arrangement in a Family Law Context Divorce is an unfortunate event for any family, particularly those with children. It leaves psychological and emotional scars that haunt children […]
February 10, 2017
Is Alimony Taxable as Income

Is Alimony Taxable as Income in Florida

Is Alimony Taxable Income in Florida? For alimony to be deductible to the payor/spouse and taxable to the payee/spouse, the alimony must meet all of the elements of IRC section […]
January 24, 2017
Imputed Income

Imputed Income to Calculate Child Support in Florida

What is Imputed Income? It is sometimes necessary for the court to impute an income to either party in order to properly calculate that parties’ child support obligation. Imputed Income […]