Enforcement Of Child Support

Florida law requires that parents support the financial needs of their children and should a parent fail to pay his or her court-ordered child support obligation they may have to answer to the court. The person to whom the child support is owed may ask the court to hold the other party in contempt of court, bring current his or her child support obligation and pay any child support arrangements. The person to whom the support is owed may also request of the court that the person who owes the child support obligation pay all attorney’s fees and costs associated with bringing this action.

Jacksonville child support enforcement attorney

If you owe child support and it has not been paid you may be held in contempt of court. In some cases, the judge could sentence you to a jail term of up to 179 days. If your failure to pay child was not willful you may want to consider a modification of child support. Additionally, your failure to pay child support can affect your credit history.

Talk with us about questions concerning the enforcement of child support whether you are the parent who is owed child support or the parent who has not paid child support and all areas of marital and family law. At the Law Office of James T. Keenan, we understand your individual situation and needs. We are experienced and promise to handle your family law case professionally and aggressively. We get results. Call 904-901-4692 to discuss your situation with our office in Jacksonville or fill out our contact form at your convenience.